rwehavingfunyet?

What Matters? What Works? What's Next?
This blog belongs to:

Dj Connell
* Discworld Area Head, Sasquan / WorldCon 2015
More info at www.sasquan.org
* Current Project: The Great Discworld Fan Gathering at Sasquan
* Founder, Discworld Seamstress Guild of North America, Established 2003
* Co-Founder, North American Discworld Dark Clerks.
Established 2011
* Board Chair: North American Discworld Connection

Trouble Made: By Appointment

rwehavingfunyet?

@ItBodes on Twitter

These are my opinions and mine alone.

This image of Death is by artist Paul Kidby. Mr Kidby's images are used with his permission. Copyright: Paul Kidby.

Saturday, June 11, 2011

We're Gonna Need A Bigger Boat OR The NADWCon Program Schedule


I love this part, I really do. *

Right now, I'm finishing my bit of the Program Book all of which goes to the printer on Monday.  So...no pressure, then.

Meanwhile, my old friend and Con Scheduler, Marilyn, and I are working to assign places and times to all our program elements, which include arts & crafts, games, panels (great panels this year), special trips, dances, classes, Morpork Mob events, author signings, Koffee Klatches, plays, talks, movies, meet ups, The Maskerade, The Banquet, three Seamstress Guild Parties (set in a different Discworld city every night) and a host of other fine offerings. Creative and crafty help comes forward at the last moment - t'was ever thus - and up goes the cry, "We have got to include that".  The next morning, watching the sunrise on my deck, cup of coffee in hand,  I think, "We're gonna need a bigger boat."

We have marvelous Discworldian line-up; truly something rich and strange, and now we have to find a way to fit it all in.  At most events, this is the part with the running and the screaming. ** Not this con. This is the Monstrous Regiment, boy-o. These are my brave little lads and I will bring them home.  In other words,  I'll spend most of next week giving out chocolate, cheer and hugs. Then, when the smoke of battle clears, I hand the finished (??) grid schedule over to Jon L. to put up on the web.

FYI: We hope to have the program schedule up on the NADWCon website at least a week before the convention.

Quantum Butterly? What Quantum Butterfly?  

Any schedule changes - and with so much going on and so many people involved there are always changes - will be noted on The Boards That Are White in the lobby.

I've been asked many times by our newcomers: "When do we see/hear/meet Terry?"  In brief: daytime Terry events; the Reading with Rob, the Good Omens Panel & his Guest of Honor Talk, will occur on Fri, Sat and Sun afternoon between 3 and 5 PM.  He is scheduled every evening, as well. But this is Pterry we're talking about. He'll be all over the con, both where he's scheduled and where you least expect him.  Enjoy.

Wait till you see this program. Oh...my...stars...Thanks to our volunteers and guests you can be busy from morning till ... morning.  (and please remember to thank these people when you meet them).

It's going to be a joyful and memorable convention. I'm so glad that you can join us. 

Ooops! I see that Marilyn is glaring like Granny Weatherwax at her spreadsheets.  Do I hear cackling?  Gotta run.  

Dj

*  It's Scotch/German maven thing.  

** ...but if you happen to be in the room when I suddenly become very still, rather quiet and exceedingly polite.  RUN.  


Art: by The Ink Witch

1 comment:

  1. Two Scotch/German mavens working together. Who could have predicted that? I believe that explains our ability to collaborate so well with one another. We are compatible right down to the genetics. ;-)

    As to the **s, I had a college roommate who was just the same. If she became very polite and NICE, beware!!! I completely understand. Will bring chocolate.
    M

    ReplyDelete